Smart Prepaid Broadband - ERROR 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed


ERROR 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, so the port used for this connection was closed

This error appears to my Smart Prepaid Broadband two weeks ago.


This is what happen. I insert the SIM card of the prepaid kit to my cellphone to use the remaining load balance to text my girlfriend. After I sent a message, i return it to prepaid kit then connect it to my pc. The ERROR 619 shown out after i click the connect button from the Smart Broadband Prepaid Software.


I thought that there was a problem with the SIM card or the hardware of the prepaid kit, that's the time i decided to call Smart Customer Service. Operator told me that the signal on my After some troubleshooting, ERROR 619 is still there. And my final decision is to bring it to the nearest smart wireless outlet on the next day.

During the next day, i finally tried my Smart Broadband Prepaid Kit to connect to the web. I didn't expect that it will connect to the web without the ERROR 619.

Until now, I'm still wondering about what happen to my Smart Prepaid Broadband. Maybe i'll stop using the sim card to my phone again. I'm thankful that i can use internet again. Yes!!!

2 comments:

rose.liny said...

you know what, im also having the same problem as what you have. have you find a fix already? i think theres nothing to do with the prepaid kit coz, my moms laptop is getting the error, so what i did, i tried my prepaid kit on her laptop and it didnt work, same exact error... and i did try her prepaid kit on my laptop and it did work. so its with her laptop. i tried switching usb ports, same thing. i tried on other user account, i did not work. so there is somethings wrong with the software... there might be installed softwares that conflicts with the smart prepaid kit... other prepaid kits worked fine...

rose.liny said...

you know what, im also having the same problem as what you have. have you find a fix already? i think theres nothing to do with the prepaid kit coz, my moms laptop is getting the error, so what i did, i tried my prepaid kit on her laptop and it didnt work, same exact error... and i did try her prepaid kit on my laptop and it did work. so its with her laptop. i tried switching usb ports, same thing. i tried on other user account, i did not work. so there is somethings wrong with the software... there might be installed softwares that conflicts with the smart prepaid kit... other prepaid kits worked fine...