Smart Prepaid Broadband having problems with Windows XP SP3

Smart Prepaid Broadband having problems with Windows XP SP3



I have my Smart Prepaid Broadband connected on my Windows XP SP2 pc. Every time that my pc will download and install the latest update from Microsoft which is the Service Pack 3, an error is always occurs which is pointing to some memory location. Every time it happens, I always reformat my pc which I’ve done almost 20 times last year.



I was enlightened when I remember that my advisor from an institute shares to our class that he was told by personnel from Smart Dealer that the Smart Prepaid Broadband product will only work properly in Windows XP Service Pack 2 but not in SP3. The reason? I’m still trying to figure out. But maybe, other Windows XP Users experiencing this kind of problem whatever their ISP is. That’s why when I last reformat my pc last week, I just registered my copy of windows thru the internet and turn off all the settings on the Group Policy under Windows Update. Until now, there was no error appearing on my desktop but sad to say that I will not get the latest Service Pack from windows until I’m not shifting to a Plan Broadband. The question is, why does the ISPs doesn’t work or release any patch or updates for this kind of issue with their product?